Sales Manager Job Description | The Insights on Sales job roles & salary3 min readReading Time: 2 minutes
To start with the sales manager job description, it is a high-performing task. A sales manager provides guidance and leads to the sales team. S/He is the mentor for the whole team. The main task of a sales manager is to set the goals and keep the team intact to keep progressing.
Sales manager is supposed to develop new strategic business plans and make sure that the planned goals are met on time. They set both short as well as long-term sales policies and strategies for effective functioning with the ultimate goal to achieve customer satisfaction.
Roles And Responsibilities Under Sales Manager Job Description:
A sales manager usually has impressive past experience and judgment to alter and enhance plans, so that the goals can be achieved. Therefore, there are a lot of responsibilities that come under a Sales manager:
- Supervising the performance and actions of the sales team.
- Tracking the sale growth and altering the functioning accordingly.
- Managing business plans that cover sales, revenue as well as expense controls.
- Synchronizing with the marketing team regarding lead generation for products.
- Promoting the firm as well as its products on various platforms.
- Successfully managing the sales team so that goals and targets are met within the planned time.
- Devising a strategic sales plan, thus increasing the firm’s customer base.
Qualification And Skills Mentioned in Sales Manager Job Description:
Under a sales manager job description, the most basic requirement is to have a degree in business or any other related field.
Apart from the degree, there is a set of skills as follows:
- Should have experience in planning unique and effective sales strategies.
- Experienced in implementing sales planning efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team of individuals.
- An excelling past experience as a sales representative.
- Good managing ability and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the market.
- A strong sense of business.
- Analyzing the data of the occurring sales.
- Monitoring the progress of sales very minutely.
The job of a sales manager is a vast one. They coordinate and work with the managers of other departments as well. Almost all industries need a sales manager. From retail trade, wholesale trade, manufacturing, finance, and insurance, to management companies, sales managers are hired everywhere. Moreover, a sales manager is also responsible for processes like recruiting at times. They are the ones who operate the whole sales system. In conclusion, the role of a sales manager is a significant one.
From revenue generation to organization growth, there is a lot that a sales manager is responsible for. They drive the sales force. Patrick Forsyth defines sales management, “It is the function responsible for creating and maintaining a suitable sales activity through management and supervision of the sales team, and hence achieving through them, the required sales results.”
Since the profile of a sales manager is so influential in a firm, the pay-scale is also higher in comparison. For example, at Edelweiss, the average salary is INR 2,161,797. In the initial years, the pay scale is around INR 416k. In mid-career however, when the experience rises up to 4 years the salary is around INR 560k. With an experience of up to 5 to 9 years, the salary is around INR 958k. And then, when the manager has experience for almost 20 years, the salary hikes up to approximately INR 1m.