Profile Summary for Resume | Examples for Freshers & Experienced6 min readReading Time: 4 minutes
To begin with, a resume is a small record of one’s relevant experiences and qualifications pertaining to the job one is applying for. Arguably, one’s resume plays a crucial role in getting one hired. So, it is important your resume looks not only well organized but also is full of eye-catching details. In today’s world, almost every job seeker has a resume stuffed with several experiences and qualifications, now in that case, what should one do to set their resume apart? Well, if you want your resume to stand out from the rest, you should focus more on your profile summary. Having said that, you would be glad to know that there are many profile summary for resume examples that can tell you how to write one.
In your resume, this is the first thing a hiring manager looks for. As the name suggests, it is a summary of one’s career experiences, education, aims, and skills. Unlike the rest of the content of the resume (preferred in bullets), the profile summary is written in phrases and sentences. Provided that, the summary should not exceed more than four lines. Believe it or not, this is the most significant part of a resume. as after reading it, the hiring manager decides whether or not to go ahead with the application.
Also, learn about how to write Cover Letter for Resume
Profile summary for fresher
There is no denying that an experienced person has to struggle with what points to include and what to leave in the summary but that does not mean writing profile summary for fresher is any less troubling? While an experienced candidate has a lot to include in the summary, a fresher having no experience in hand has to struggle with what to put in it. Generally, we believe that there is nothing much to write in the case of freshers due to their lack of relevant experience but in contrast to all the belief, if done with little attention, the summary can do magic.
If you are a novice who has no idea about how to write a profile summary for fresher then this article is for you. In addition to explaining about profile summary, I will provide you with some examples as well.
Points To Remember
I have enlisted 5 points that can be put in a profile summary for fresher to make it stand apart from the rest.
Are you a graduate? Do you have a degree in a professional course such as journalism, tourism, etc). Whatever your level of education is, mention that in the summary. After that, go on to explain how you demonstrated leadership qualities in a club or during a class project during your studying days. Believe me, this point will surely make the profile summary for fresher quite impressive.
Interest and Passions
Interest and passion add weight to your profile summary. Are you into social reforming activities? Good, let the recruiter know about it. Does technology interest you? Write that down in your summary. We have seen many profile summary examples boasting about the candidate’s interest and passion.
Tell about your adroitness in particular software. Mention if you know the ins and outs of a tool. However, keep one point in mind, enlist only one or two hard skills in your summary. A profile summary for fresher should not be very lengthy.
Here too, mention only a few soft skills. Put down as a soft skill if you are a team player, adaptive and have good communication skills.
One should steer clear from exaggeration while writing a profile summary for fresher because if one gets selected he/she would be asked questions based on the summary. Include only those qualities or skills that you actually have or the ones you are confident to discuss. Do not make the mistake of copying each and every word is there in profile summary examples.
Well, this was for those who want to write a profile summary for freshers and now let’s take a look at all the points one needs to keep in mind while writing a profile summary, be it for freshers or experienced people.
Important points to remember
- Concise- As stated earlier, the profile summary should be short and crisp. Be it a summary for a fresher or an experienced one, it should not be more than 4 lines. Respect the time of recruiters.
- Keywords- Be mindful of the words you are using to describe yourself. There are many profile summary examples filled with overstuffing of words that deprives the summary’s reliability. No wonder, all of those profile summary examples turned out to be a failure.
- Should be apt- Your profile summary should be in line with the job descriptions. Therefore, include specifically those skills and experiences the role is looking for. For instance, if the post is looking for someone with 8 years of experience then begin your summary mentioning that.
- Useful Phrases- I can give you many summary examples that incorporate certain phrases to make the summary look impressive and formal. You can include: “key skills are,” “committed individual’, “adept at”, “result-focussed,” and many similar phrases to keep the summary professional.
- Placement- All of your efforts in making your summary eye-catching will go in vain if it is not placed aptly. If you go through the resumes with summary examples you will note that all of them have the summary placed in the first section. Thereafter, make it followed by your work experience and education part.
- Accomplishments- As stated in the profile summary for fresher, always mention your accomplishments in the summary. Either, you can describe your recent achievement or the biggest of all the achievements. Do not sound egoistic while telling your achievements. Let them take you as approachable.
Profile Summary Examples
Accomplished Marketing director holding twenty years of experience in sales and marketing. In the span, having successfully created and implemented marketing policies that resulted in increasing sales by as much as 55%. Excellent team management and communication skills.
Physics teacher in a private school. Successfully develop physics curriculum for grades 6–12. Conducted several workshops on recent trends of physics. Strong teaching and interpersonal skills.
Sales executive with 5 years of experience in managing insurance and healthcare sales companies. Have successfully created and implemented sales strategies to achieve 35% revenue growth per year. Have essential management skills, motivator.
For those looking for Career Change
A quick learner and a doer. Skilled in sales, customer service, oral and written communications. Bagged a number of awards for achieving excellence in sales. Skilled in mediating between workers, heading team project and mentoring.
By now you must have understood the importance of Profile summary and why is it so important to have an impressive one.