Job Description of a Content Writer — Overview & Salary4 min readReading Time: 3 minutes
A content writer is an important part of every company. The first and foremost thing that comes under the job description of a content writer is to analyze and generate engrossing content. S/He is the brand voice of the company. As Leo Odden said,
“Content is the reason search began in the first place.”
Roles And Responsibility of Content Writer:
A content writer job description includes developing content after conducting in-depth research on the concerned subjects. It is not just about developing content for the website of a company. The role requires writing content for many other platforms.
A content creator writes engaging content and plans the work accordingly. The work varies. They create content for blogs, social media, product description as well as articles.
An Overview Of The Job
- One of the many content writer responsibilities is creating content for all the platforms of the company that the audience comes in contact with.
- Proofreading and thereafter, creating error-free content.
- Improving the readability of the already existing content by editing it.
- Giving each article a headline that can grab the attention of the readers instantly.
- Understanding the interest and needs of the audience and planning the content accordingly.
The Qualification Required:
A certain skill set and qualifications are required for you to excel in the career of content writing and content management. And as a job seeker, you should definitely be aware of these requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Journalism, Marketing or any other related field.
- An accountable content writing experience.
- A portfolio of written articles that can give an overview of the skills of a writer.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- The ability to work hard and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Command over verbal and written English language.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Be able to consistently meet the targets under tight deadlines.
- Have detailed knowledge about the company and its products.
- Lastly, it is always a benefit to have years of experience in the field of content writing.
Opportunities On The Way:
If you have a good command over a language, there are a lot of opportunities that you can grab in the corporate world. A few of the tasks that come under the job posting of a Content Writer are listed below:
- Web Content Writing: When you have a doubt that you want to gain more information on, the instant reflex is to search for it on the internet. The internet has infinite information. When a company wants its page to be ranked among the top searches, a web content writer is required.
- Copy Editing: The responsibility of a copy editor in a company is to ensure that every written piece is flawless and worthy. The person should be able to proofread and edit data at a good speed. There should be absolutely no scope left for mistakes. The role is also to analyze the weak links of every piece that has been written.
- Creative Writing: Creativity is the utmost important characteristic that a writer must possess. The greater the creativity, the greater the number of people that may show interest in the company. Words are most powerful when it comes to convincing a person. A creative writer should certainly be able to write effectively and think differently.
- Proofreading: This role would require to proofread the written pieces and blog posts. Subsequently, it will make the content error-free and better.
Career Scope Of Content Writing:
Websites are no more a place that a company makes to remain in fashion. Instead, websites are a necessity now. Almost everybody nowadays is an avid internet user. Marketing a company on the internet is the need of the hour.
And therefore, Content Writers are needed by every company. They can explain as well as inform about the company to the audience.
Content Writers help build brand awareness for a particular company. If the writer does a good job, the content is always shared by the audience. In conclusion, it will make more people aware of the company and its work.
Before reaching the top, a fresher content writer may have a varied salary structure. The salary, therefore, depends on the job position that you are under content writing. For example, if you are working as a freelance writer, the cost per word may vary from INR 0.15 to INR 0.40. For bloggers, the salary can vary between INR 5000 per month to INR 1 lakh.
If calculated as an average total compensation, a content writer, in general, can earn approximately INR 2,28,546. Meanwhile, an experienced content writer, on the other hand, can earn roughly between INR 2,95,988 to INR 5,59,807, depending upon the experience.
Remember, good content can convert a website’s visitors to its customers!