We are looking for a Global Director of Outbound Transportation who will join the team to optimize our global spend within the Middle and Last Mile Transportation category. You will lead a dynamic, innovative team in Global Procurement with a high level of collaboration with the Global Operations and Logistics by crafting and driving the strategy across outbound transportation partners in all our 4 Geographies (North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific & Latin America & Greater China). What will you work on
You will work with the global team in conjunction with our in-geo internal business partners to develop methodologies and processes to support our Global Logistics initiatives through transportation partnerships.
You’ll lead a category strategy within fulfillment in order to capture value across cost, capacity, sustainability and service to drive NIKE’s sourcing strategy based on overall Nike and Global Procurement objectives, supply market dynamics and rigorous TCO analytics. You will be responsible for executing the TCO strategy using the 7-Step Strategic Sourcing Process which includes: stage gates, spend analysis, requirements planning, risk management, market analysis, strategy development, competitive bidding (RFx), supplier negotiations, supplier selection, contracting, supplier management, cost savings methodology, performance reporting, and proficiency with sourcing tools. You will be responsible for shaping and supporting an ongoing supplier relationship management process with key LTL, FTL, Parcel and Other Transportation Service Providers including developing risk assessment tools to support sourcing processes and decisions to optimize time; effort; value and risk through strategic partnerships.
Your experience on logistics processes and landscape of the Logistics Sector (Freight Forwarding, Ocean Carriers, 3PL, Last Mile, Technology) should help influence and develop suppliers to deliver Nike Capabilities and drive consistency based on Nike Strategic specially through digital fulfillment, in order to enable Nike’s Supply Chain Digital First strategy. Who will you work with
Business partner engagement will be critical, and you will be responsible for leading and fostering key relationships with both internal partners like Operations, Finance, Resilience and external vendors to integrate NIKE’s purpose statements (Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability, Labor Resilience).
What you bring
Minimum of seven years relevant work experience in Logistics / Supply chain and/or Direct Procurement or Strategic Sourcing with expertise in Parcel / E-commerce for consumer goods or retail:
- Deep understanding of P&Ls for LSP and transportation companies and proficiency on global parcel, LTL, FTL market landscape
- Minimum 5 years practical compliance experience leading, influencing, and executing HSE, Labor, Financial, Technology, Security, Resilience, BRPs requirements
- Experience in leading cross-cultural, cross-functional and virtual teams (including functionally diverse work)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (including ability to define problems and lead teams in solving them)
- Proven experience leading business partners relationship (Vendor and/or Supplier Relationship Management)
- Experience with clean-sheet should-cost modeling and negotiation methodology
- TCO approach to spend management (supply management, demand management, process management)
- Rigorous cost savings approaches and analytics, with expertise in total delivered cost
- Familiarity with product management and development approaches, including consumer insights and competitive product analysis
- Experience working cross-culturally on global categories, with leadership, influencing and communication skills gained across a range of cultural environments
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior management
- Strong project management, including developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results
- Must be willing to travel (up to 30%)
- MBA or advanced analytical degree is preferred
- Consulting experience in Logistics/transportation across industries is preferred
- CPM or internationally accredited procurement qualification is preferred
- Experience with e-Sourcing tools is a plus