Directs the activities of the Product Development group to include new product development and feasibility studies, quoting activities, product design, and new product equipment design and manages product design changes to existing products.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding and performing all tasks and responsibilities according to the specific Job Safety Practices (JSP) safety established for this job.
- Responsible for safety and housekeeping procedures and for maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Responsible for adhering to all General Cable Corporation health, safety, and environmental policies and regulations, including our hazardous waste handling if designated and trained to do so. Lead multiple development and cost initiative projects simultaneously.
- Manages Product Development Department and assures that specific projects and programs are assigned to qualified product development personnel.
- Identifies, documents, and verifies process, resources, and equipment requirements for new products.
- Develops necessary documentation for new programs. Manages all APQP activities and utilizes the project evaluation process where applicable.
- Establishes communication between product development and plant personnel on new programs and engineering changes. Performs the review, approves, and closes all DCN’s relative to product and/or design changes.
- Manages and coordinates project and product designs with customers and PWC personnel
- Utilizes concurrent engineering methodology for design and development.
- Manages, investigates, and identifies cost savings and reductions as related to materials and/or design of the components used to manufacture PWC products.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor in conjunction with Materials, Engineering, and Quality departments.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management
- Develops the formulation of quality policies, procedures, and conducts training on quality concepts.
- Maintains current knowledge of latest market and industry trends for wire and cable products for potential implementation.
- Responsible for initiating actions to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities, identifying and recording problems relating to product quality, processes, and quality systems, as well as controlling further processing or delivery of nonconforming product.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the manageable process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Organizing - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Able to develop and execute a plan as a team leader or team participant. Highly developed team skills, both as a team member and leader
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to drive change
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to learn new ideas, concepts and skills quickly and effectively
- IAFT16949 knowledge is a plus
- Undergraduate (BS) degree in an appropriate field of STEM or Engineering preferred
- 1 – 5 years engineering and or manufacturing experience preferred
- Corrected vision to 20/20 being able to clearly see objects at long or short distances and be able to see details in small objects and read fine print
- Able to visually distinguish colors accurately
- Occasional manual lifting up to 50 pounds
- Frequent manually push/pull, scoot, slide, rotate or roll product or objects that are medium to large size and of various weights short distances usually on flat surfaces but occasionally on sloped surfaces, in order to place or reposition product or objects.
- Able to lift and carry by hand various tools, materials, containers usually small to moderate in size
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment required for job duties and required tasks
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at .