Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
READY-MIX TRUCK DRIVER - Knoxville, TN
Job Description Summary
The Ready Mix Truck Driver is responsible for the transportation of ready mix concrete to construction projects, company owned facilities or various customers. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of ready mix trucks. Deliveries will be made in both industrial and residential areas. Work will be performed per the Supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
- Experience in a mix or truck with similar weight equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to operate a manual/ automatic transmission truck without license restrictions for either transmission.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs
- Keep accurate log of deliveries and complete required paperwork for billing
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle
- Load and unload equipment or materials
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability
- Must keep vehicle in clean and orderly condition
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Must be willing to work night and weekends when necessary at any plant location
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Strict adherence to Company safety requirements and procedures
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skill of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety or working conditions
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise
Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving and shifting gears * Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus
- Required regular lifting of 25 to 50 lbs. Occasionally may lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to various changing job site conditions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate
- High school education or GED preferred but not required
- Experience driving concrete mixing trucks with similar weight and equipment preferred but not required
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A or B Driver
- MVR must meet company standards and applicant should have a good driving record
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this .