For over 15 years, SMS has remained the industry leader with a “boots on the ground” approach to drive systematic changes that improve quality while sustaining on-time delivery performance. Working as an extension of its customers, SMS’ unique, Fully Integrated Service Solution offers Supplier Management, Supplier Development, and Quality Management Services throughout the Commercial & Defense Aerospace Industries. Currently, SMS is providing support to the largest Primes, Tier-1s, and Tier 2s while expanding its service portfolio to include quality management services since the acquisition by TRIGO GROUP, INC. in January 2019.
Please visit our website at www.SMSSolutionsInc.com
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality organization. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for executing various supplier quality engineering related activities such as Compliance, Process, and Product Audits, MRB, FAI Witnessing, Review and Sign off, Problem Solving, Corrective and Preventive Actions, Supplier Performance Reporting and other Quality Improvement Activities.
- Assess suppliers manufacturing and quality processes through performing supplier audits following various standards depending on the type of audit. Audits may include but not limited to the following: AS9100 Compliance Audits, special processes, APQP audits, process, and product audits.
- Lead and/or support MRB activities to achieve optimal disposition of non-conforming material and ensure that adequate corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Promote and facilitate the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers.
- Support suppliers in the evaluation of existing manufacturing or business processes, identification of opportunities for improvement, and development of solutions to optimize supplier performance using various problem-solving techniques.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to suppliers to solve process and product quality issues and improve internal and outgoing quality performance.
- Develop and maintain detailed and accurate reporting of supplier performance and quality improvement progress. Report weekly and monthly on supplier progress to meet customer expectations.
- Undertake special projects as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with all stakeholders to ensure timely and effective responsiveness to abnormalities.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineer in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
- 5-8 years of FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) standards at a quality engineering level.
- Strong understanding of various Engineering Processes, Standard Drawings Conventions, Interpreting Drawing, Specifications, and GD&T
- 5-8 years' experience hands-on experience with the ISO9100 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems Processes, especially in Production, Quality, and logistics
- Knowledge of, (or hands-on experience preferred), with FAA, EAR, and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Project management, time management, problem solving and organization
- Ability to work as an effective team member and lead other team members
- Prior practical experience and implementation of Quality Engineering tools and systems such as: DOE, FMEA, SPC, RCCA, APQP, PPAP, controls plans, material control, process control, systems performance, product evaluation, MSA, metrology, automated measurement, and software is preferred.
- Ability to pass background and drug screen
- Vision exam is required prior to hire. Requirements are as follows:•The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist, Optometrist or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply.
- Near Vision – Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches)
- Far vision – Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76%) or Snellen Chart 20/50
- Color Perception – 6 of 9 Orthorater plates
- US citizenship required - Supplier Management Solutions, LLC can restrict hiring to US Citizens when government contracts require us to do so. 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline, (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Quality Management, etc.)
- ASQ or equivalent professional certifications such as CQE, CQT, CQA, CMQ, CSQP …etc.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
About SMS, a TRIGO company,
Supplier Management Solutions, LLC (SMS) is the leader in the Commercial and Defense Aerospace Industry providing global supplier management, development and quality services through “boots on the ground” on-site management to drive systemic changes that improve quality and sustain on-time delivery and overall supplier performance.
With SMS’ Headquarters located in Temecula, CA, SMS' Executives, Management and teams come with over forty (40) years of industry experience. Together, SMS understands the current dynamics and urgent need for a more efficient and cost-effective supply chain management solution. SMS' management team and field resources, Delivery Assurance Specialists (DAS'), Supplier Development Specialists (SDS'), Quality Assurance Specialists (QAS') and Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE's), perform their role working as an extension of their customers, with a domestic presence in over 40 states and 24+ countries internationally. SMS’ business model provides a customized, fully integrated service solution along the customer's value stream which results in quality parts arriving “on-time, every time.”
As of January 2019, TRIGO Group, with a headquarters in Paris-France, acquired Supplier Management Solutions. This transaction was a major step in TRIGO’s development strategy into the value added global Aerospace supply chain and quality management services market, while expanded TRIGO’s U.S. footprint by leveraging SMS’ relationships and domestic presence. It has strengthened SMS’ position as a quality partner in the Aerospace supply chain by providing global coverage in addition to an extended service offering into quality inspection and conformity management. The integration of the two companies has provided our current and future customers with a unique combined full service solution for both On-Time-Delivery and On-Quality-Delivery performance for the Aerospace supply chain.
Supplier Management Solutions, LLC (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS
It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Powered by JazzHR